As we run full speed into Thanksgiving week and move toward the holidays, it's the perfect time to look back on the year. More specifically, look back on the year from a human perspective. It's true we can shout the many wins of our startups, the dollars raised and the customers acquired from the rooftops (and that we surely do often), but it's ever so important to remember that none of it would be possible without the people that make up our TW Network.
If you're reading this, you are part of it.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the mentors and investors that make Tech Wildcatters what it is today. It's your belief in our mission for the last six years, your help in selecting the startups for our program and most importantly, the time that you dedicate to this organization, that truly makes us a top five program in the country. Thank you will never feel like enough, so we'll just keep building onto this world-famous program to make you proud.
- Thank you to the startups from the Class of 2015 and EMERGE for making this such an exceptional year. While it's true entrepreneurship is full of extreme and exciting "ups" with occasional and voluminous "lows," you taught me (and our team) so much about human character and ambition this year. Only a rare few share the understanding that this journey is a tough one, and your fledgling fight to pursue your businesses was amazing to watch. Thank you for letting us be and to continue to be part of that journey.
- To our alums. For serving as ambassadors of Tech Wildcatters all over the world, for showing everyone what scaling really looks like, for coming back to HQ and sharing your stories and for giving me a warm welcome when I joined the family...thank you. Regardless of where you and your business are right now, you're shining examples of hard work and one of the most special and important elements to this organization.
- To our partners and sponsors. Thank you -- truly. The value you bring our startups is unmatched. Without you, our program wouldn't be as robust as it is. You’re helping to build us as we grow, and you’re helping us be better everyday.
- To our community, an enormous thanks. For all who recommend our program to potential applicants, for those of you who attended any of our many events and even the hundreds of you who have "liked" just one post on our social media, you've helped us spread our message and contributed to helping us bring great startups from around the world and ultimately, great business to the Dallas economy.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.